Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

As someone diagnosed with Parkinson’s’ Disease aged 37, I was rather desperate to find any silver linings possible, and at the very least rays of hope to help me weather the storm that accompanies receiving a diagnosis of a progressive degenerative incurable neurological condition.

Within weeks of receiving my diagnosis I discovered Cure Parkinson’s and subsequently attended their seminar on research they have funded.  There began my journey of equipping myself with the maximal knowledge I could on cutting edge research, to hopefully minimize the burden of this disease upon my future life.

The research funded by Cure Parkinson’s is literally working to save lives, and selfishly I am rather keen that they do this apace!

Having cycled Lands End to John O’Groats last year, I made a rather delightful discovery for myself; that if I cycled at least 50 miles a day I no longer felt that I had Parkinson’s. I was able to write a letter again, something I have not done for many years.

And so, to bolster the coffers of Cure Parkinson’s, and also bolster myself through the positive impact upon my Parkinson’s’ I signed up to join the CP fundraiser for 2022 – The Alpine Raid – a rather hilly (i.e., significantly mountainous) route from Geneva on Lac Leman to Nice in Provence.

I then decided why fly to Geneva when one could cycle… so for me 2022 is the year for Poole to Provence!

I hope to share daily updates as I go along; as previously my wonderful mother, Carole Lehman, has kindly offered to be my support crew with her trusty van. Thank you!

Any support that you are able to offer would be most welcome:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/claire-lehman2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge