Day 1 - Starting at the beginning

We were blessed with wonderful weather on Saturday 17th April as we set off to Lands End; my mother driving the support van, with myself and my partner Michael, who had volunteered to cycle with me for the first weekend.


From the outset Cornwall let us know it was a hilly county, and we were soon shedding layers as we climbed short sharp stealth inclines!  I was incredibly tempted to stop en route for a swim at the Penzance Sea Lido but alas the miles beckoned and I shall have to return another day!

Working up a hearty appetite we enjoyed lunch overlooking St Michael's Mount, and again resisting the allure of the azure blue water we headed inland towards Hayle. From there climbing further inland to Camborne and Redruth, where we learned how to use Komoot to help us route find on the cycle!

This provided a beautiful cross country, very hilly country, through a hidden village of Bolingey to find our place to stay for the night!

Being so close to the coast I couldnt resist the beach, so post showers we headed to Holywell Bay and met some friends for a COVID secure catch up! Amazing! Exhuasted but happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge