Day 7 - Chepstow to Hereford - a way along the Wye

I must confess I enjoyed a rest day yesterday; visiting my godchildren at Dyffrn gardens near Cardiff! It was such a treat to see them as I have missed them horribly with the COVID restrictions. We enjoyed a wonderful picnic, purchased from Cocorico in Cardiff - winners of the BAke off Professionals series! I can highly recommend them! Apparently they will be teaching patisserie workshops from the Autumn.. I cannot wait!

https://www.cocoricopatisserie.co.uk/

And so the cycling resumed; and today my friend Beth Bennet Britton joined me, and Loz returned for a second helping of cycling with me!! Glutton for punishment!!



More Loz Browning route planning took us on the newly opened Greenway from Chepstow to Tintern Abbey, complete with a tunnel over 1Km long! Signage is a little vague and the track may not suit super slick tyres but we all coped fine on our road bikes. 

https://greenwaysandcycleroutes.org/wye-valley-greenway/

Beth's parents live along the Wye valley and very kindly offered us coffee and freshly baked brownies in the garden; which was divine!! And Beth's dad imparted tales of his LEJOG cycles!

Farther up the valley we cycled to Symonds Yat, where you can hire Kayaks, which looked very tempting, but onwards we must cycle! Along to Monmouth, Ross on Wye, and onwards along the beautiful Wye valley, which looked increasingly tempting for a swim!

Beth's support crew (her husband and two children) were awaiting us at Brockhampton village hall;complete with hot tea and bananas! Perfect! Refreshed, Loz and I set off for Hereford.

Bidding farewell to Loz so he could catch his train back to Bristol, I continued along to Kenchester, our desination for the night. For this last little stretch I resorted to Googlemaps... which took me along an interesting route beside what appeared to be a military training centre, on a road that deteriorated into a footpath! Ever intrepid I continued and found our Airbnb for the night, a beautiful barn hosted by Serena! Thankyou!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge