Day 3 Trewint to Great Torrington

A delightful day of cycling largely on country lanes with seldom another vehicle or house in sight, bliss! 

I also discovered a little village shop selling coffee and baked goods; as anyone who knows me will attest I am rather a fan of tea & cake, and strong coffee at 10am, so this was perfect and I managed to acquire a Cornish speciality, safrron buns!

Onwards to Holsworthy where Filter Through provided the coffee and toasted saffron buns! What a day this was turning out to be!!

Onwards and upwards, And my first county crossing of the trip, from Cornwall to Devon, Woohoo!

I then realised I was on familiar terrain, the Tarka Trail, that I had previously cycled in 2018 with a friend, and fellow personn with Parkinson's , Alison Anderson, when we cycled the Devon Coast to Coast!



I was glad to arrive at Great Torrington, where we also enjoyed a treat for the support crew, a trip to the Royal HOrticultural Society gardens at Rosemoor; my mother is an avid gardener and so I am trying to schedule a route and timetable that affords her pleasure too!

The gardens were a delight, particularly the spring flowers, and a particularly apposite garden for me, the cold garden, complete with stone penguin, an Emperor rather than an Adelie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge