Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge

Having enjoyed a delightful stay at an Airbnb in Kenchester at a stud farm, the cycle across Herefordshire began; beautiful countyside with lots of farming along the way, alas no spring lambs to share my lunch with!

I took a mostly country lane route, first to Leominster. Feeling a little low in energy I took the opportunity of a little bakers to grab a doughnut, and whilst sitting on the bench outside a lady called Hazel asked me whether I was on holiday in the area; I suppose there are not many lycra clad cyclists with panniers frequenting Leominster! I mentioned my cycle for Cure PArkinson's Trust and she kindly donated £20 to CPT! Thank you HAzel!

Onwards to Ludlow, and as I cycled into the town I spied my mother's VW van, and managed to bump into her on the street there, so we enjoyed a delicious al fresco lunch at Harp lane cafe, whilst a classical guitarist busked on the street! It was wonderful!

https://harplane.com/

Onwards then across Herefordshire and into Shropshire; a family friend recommended stopping by Church Stretton, and so I took a scenic hilly detour to visit the pretty village, and most beautiful Cardingmill Valley. It was rather reminiscent of Exmoor which I had cycled across last week.

 Back on the bicycle I then cycled on to Ironbridge, where the World's fast Iron Bridge was completed in 1779; my grandfather is particularly fond of the history of this bridge and so I thought he would be rather pleased to know I cycled across it!

https://www.ironbridge.org.uk/

There followed an incredibly steep cycle to our rest stop for the night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise