Day 2 - Perranporth to Trewint

 Another glorious day and we cycled out to Wadebridge, finding a lovely cross country route, avoiding the A39! Gambling lambs, high banked lanes flanked with violets, primroses and discovering moors we did  not know existed was ample recompense for the hillier route ( I hope michael agrees!!!)



The team rendezvous point was beside the Camel trail at Wadebridge; Mummy had also enjoyed a cycle during the morning, albeit slightly flatter! 

At this point Michael departed as he had to return back for work and so the solo cycling began, I cetainly felt more vulnerable as I headed out on the A39, drivers certainly seem more aware of two cyclists than one, maybe I should attach a cardboard cut out to my bike!

It was lovely cycling in terrain a little more familiar, from surf trips with friends and family holidays; familar village names popping up, Polzeath, Port Issac, Tintagel.



Feeling a little fatigued from  yesterday I made an executive decision to avoid the hillier route, and take the main road towards BUde... I shall endeavour not to repeat this mistake! I would take hills any day over traffic!

Fortunately our rest stop for the night was a haven of clean calm welcoming loveliness in a hamlet called Trewint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge