Day 10 - From Cheshire to Lancashire

 

I enjoyed a fabulous cycle across country lanes today; no HGVs trying to run me over; the only risk was that the Spring lambs are really distracting and I might fall off whilst laughing at them gambling about!

I enjoyed an alfresco lunch in Longridge, where my mother and I looked particuarly ridiculus wearing wooly hats & down jackets, singing along to the music playing on the terrace, it would have been normal in a ski resort, but I'm not sure Longridge's residents knew quite what to make of two ladies singing along to Diana Ross!



I have also really enjoyed the road names I have cycled along today, Birdy Brow, Twitter Lane; as you can imagine there are a fair few birds about here in Lancashire's Forest of Bowland, I think I may have even heard a curlew!!

I can definitely tell I am cycling Northwards, it is freezing! And Spring seems a little farther behind here, lambs are younger, and the spring flowers and leaves are like they were down in Dorset a month ago; so I am profiting again from Spring which is lovely! I am also very glad I packed winter cycling gear! I did wonder whether I was being pessimistic packing waterproof jacket, trousers, overshoes, socks & gloves, but all have been used today! Woohoo for the right clothing at the right time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge