From Doctor to patient

As a GP when I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2017 at the age of 37 it was a massive shock; shattering my sense of self and my future plans.


I was fortunate to find Cure Parkinsons who provided me with the greatest treatment, hope! Through their commitment to funding research to find treatments to slow, stop or reverse this disease I have found hope, as have many others.

Having worked to support the COVID response during the pandemic, I am thrilled to now be supporting Cure Parkinsons to help assuage the impact COVID has had on their income this year. Anything you are able to donate would hugely appreciated!

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=ClaireLehman1&pageUrl=2

I shall be cycling over 1070 miles in the next month to raise funds for more of their work; cycling from Land's End to John O Groats!

Several friends and family requested I share updates along the way... so here we are with a blog to follow me, Claire Lehman, pedalling for Parkinson's, supported by my wonderful support crew, my mother, Carole Lehman!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge