Day 16 - Milton Bridge to Rumbling Bridge

I have taken the last two days off from cycling in order to attend a virtual work programme for Public Health Consultants; it was really stimulating, particularly meeting consultants from across the UK, all sharing their different backgrounnds and experiences.  Interestinly I found the online teaching almost more exhausting than cycling!


So I was glad to be back on my bicycle today! It was a beautiful start to the day, as I climbed up just below the Pentland Hills, and looking out Eastwards the hills were sporting bright white caps of snow!

I was incredibly grateful for my Garmin today, without which the navigation of Edinburgh and Dunfermline would have been really challenging, and hugely more time consuming!

I took a route circumnavigating the city centre, including  a stunning church at Corstorphine surrounded by cherry trees blossoming! I finally wended my way towards the Firth of Forth above Crammond and caught my first glimpse of the three bridges traversing the river. The Queensferry Bridge is now entirely the domain for cyclists and pedestrians which was wonderful!


The rain arrived as I cycled into Dunfermline but finally it cleared as I reached the countryside and headed towards the snow capped hills northwards near Alva and Dollar. Glad to be back on country lanes again I was pleased to see wildflowers, violets, anenomes, wood sorrel and bluebells.

We are staying at Rumbling Bridge this evening, where there is an impressive deep narrow gorge which was looking particularly specatcular given the recent precipitation. It was good to stretch my legs and rest ready for tomorrows cycle, an early start trying to take advantage of a small weather window devoid of rain, I hope!


Comments

  1. So good to read your updates Claire as I have finally got to grips with
    the technicalities. Wish I were a little No big bird to fly up and join you.
    Do let me know where I can send my contribution. Very best wishes
    for the remainder of your fantastic ride.
    All my Love. Grandad. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pedalling Poole to Provence for Parkinson's

Day 1- Poole to Saint Mere Eglise

Day 8 - Hereford to Ironbridge